Common Foot Problems For Runners
Running is one of the best ways to stay in shape and enjoy the outdoors. But if you’re a daily runner, you may have started to experience a few common foot injuries that may require the attention of a foot doctor. Frisco runners should also know that problems from running may not be isolated to the feet. The ankles and knees can also start to suffer. If you love running and want to be able to continue doing it, make sure that you call Dr. Verville at (214) 385-8822 when you start to experience any of the issues we’ve outlined below. You can also check out our Review page to learn more about the kind of world-class experience you can expect with Dr. Verville.
Running Injuries and Your Foot Doctor
Frisco runners should make sure to watch out for any of the following problems. Dr. Verville specializes in helping active people stay active so get in touch with us if you recognize any of these. Dr. Verville specializes in helping patients take preventative measures to protect their feet, ankles, and legs while they run.
- Stress fracture – The small bones in your toes and feet can form very small fractures in them from overuse. The pain usually increases with activity and then goes away during rest.
- Shin splints – If you’ve just started running or if you’re increasing the distance and number of days you run, you may start to get pain in your shins. This could be shin splints.
- Tendonitis – For runners, Achilles tendonitis is very common. In this case, the tendon becomes inflamed and irritated.
- Plantar fasciitis – The plantar fascia is a long strip of tissue that goes from your heels to your toes. Similar to tendonitis, plantar fasciitis is an inflammation of this tissue. Runners with high arches are more prone to plantar fasciitis and it can become so painful that runners need to see a foot doctor. Runners that can no longer run because of the pain should call Dr. Verville immediately.
- Runner’s knee – In this condition, the cartilage on the kneecap can thin and cause pain when bending the knee.
Why Runners Love Working with Dr. Verville
With over 10 years of experience and over 1,500 surgical procedures under her belt, Dr. Verville has worked with her fair share of runners. In fact, she is especially passionate about helping people continue their active lifestyle whether it’s running, biking, dancing, or any other activity. But on top of that, all of our patients love having Dr. Verville as their foot doctor. Frisco men and women enjoy how attentive she is to their needs and how she truly works hard to build strong relationships with all of her patients.
If you’re ready to get back to your full strength then call us today at our Frisco office (214) 385-8822 to get started.